< Back to Classroom
Shaping A State
Understand the circumstances leading up to the 1948 War of Independence and the 1967 Six-Day War. Compare the founding ideals of the State of Israel and the Palestinian National Movement, and explore the reality of living within the 1948 armistice lines.Download Classroom Materials Buy Digital Download Package
- Learn about the 1967 Six-Day War and how it altered Israel’s borders.
- Analyze the founding principles of the State of Israel and the Palestinian national movement.
- Understand the complexity of Israel’s borders and security needs.
- Students will explain differences between the founding values of the State of Israel and the Palestinian national movement.
- Students will describe security issues surrounding the pre-‘67 borders.