< Back to Classroom
Shaping A State
Understand the circumstances leading up to the 1948 War of Independence and the 1967 Six-Day War. Compare the founding ideals of the State of Israel and the Palestinian National Movement, and explore the reality of living within the 1948 armistice lines.Download Classroom Materials
- Learn about the 1967 Six-Day War and how it altered Israel’s borders.
- Analyze the founding principles of the State of Israel and the Palestinian national movement.
- Understand the complexity of Israel’s borders and security needs.
- Students will explain differences between the founding values of the State of Israel and the Palestinian national movement.
- Students will describe security issues surrounding the pre-‘67 borders.