Learn about the Palestinian people and their history and struggles. Understand where narrative and history meet and where they diverge, and how the Israeli narrative fits into the bigger picture.
Click on the Print icon to download handout activity guide and additional resources.
● What is a narrative?
● What is the narrative you were taught about the origins of the US?
● What is history, and how does narrative influence our understanding of history? Consider how the narrative of the US’ origin influences our perspective of life in the early Americas.
● Do you understand how narrative and history work together and shape one another?
● What do you think about the elements of the Palestinian narrative that are inconsistent with the historical record?
● How do the differences between the Israeli and Palestinian narratives impact the ability of both parties to live together, and reach a peace agreement?
● How can two groups, experiencing the same events, have such a different recollection of those events?
● How do you respond to a narrative that doesn’t correlate with the historical record, or doesn’t acknowledge the narrative of another group?